Nominations are now open for The Julie Tekin Award for Outstanding Contribution in Forensic Healthcare. The award was introduced in 2021, following the sad passing of Julie Tekin, a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner, beloved UK Association of Forensic Nurses and Paramedics Steering Group member and the Treasurer. The award is open to both individuals and teams of health care professionals working in sexual assault referral centres or police custody settings who have made a difference.
Nominations accepted by:
- Individuals can nominate themselves
- Colleagues and peers
- Management and leadership teams
- Third-sector agencies
Do you know a Health Care Professional or a team of healthcare professionals who have made a difference in the sexual assault referral centre or police custody setting?
- Have they introduced a new way of working, an innovation, initiative or implemented a project that has made a positive impact on the patient experience? If so, please let us know.
- The UK Association of Forensic Nurses and Paramedics are now accepting nominations for individuals or teams who deserve recognition and celebration of their hard work in improving standards for their patients.
- We accept nominations from colleagues, management/ leadership teams, police staff and other agencies.
- We will announce the winner and hand over the award at our yearly conference on the 10th of September in Oxford.