UKAFNP Conference 2022
Scratching the surface – Exploring the forensic significance of injuries
The UK Association of Forensic Nurses and Paramedics are proud to announce our 2022 conference ‘Scratching the surface’ The conference theme will explore the forensic examination and significance of injuries. Relevant to those working in both police custody and sexual assault examination settings who are frequently called upon to document injuries. The conference will give delegates a greater awareness and understanding of the process of documenting injuries from a range of excellent speakers on the day.
Dr Richard Shepherd
A retired Home Office Pathologist and best-selling author of ‘Unnatural Causes’ and ‘The Seven Ages of Death’. Dr Shepherd will outline the stages of wound healing and the relevance to forensic examinations.
Dr Will Anderson
A lead Forensic Medical Examiner and Director of Patient Focused will give an overview of the role of forensic photography in the forensic examination of injuries.
Dr Roger Summers
Roger is a Forensic and Crime Science Consultant and will cover the classification and interpretation of injuries seen on forensic examination.
Friday, 9th September 2022 – Crewe Hall, Cheshire
Step back in time in the magnificent surroundings of Crewe Hall, a stunning Grade I-listed Jacobean mansion with the wow factor, in scenic Cheshire.
- Address: Crewe Hall Hotel, Weston Rd, Haslington, Crewe CW1 6UZ
- Telephone: 01270 253333
- Website: www.crewehallcheshire.co.uk
Patient Focused! Special event 8th September 2022
Patient Focused! are offering UKAFNP members a discounted Forensic Photography practical course, £220 with discount code: UKAFN22, the day before this year’s UKAFNP conference, at Crewe Hall.
- The course is accredited by the FFLM and the British Institute of Professional Photography.
- Candidates must complete the 10 free online modules and MCQ assessments before attending the one-day practical courses. All equipment is provided, including one Nikon D3400 SLR and one external flashlight per student.
- Each course is conducted by experienced photographers, doctors and make-up artists.
- Places are limited, with a maximum of 12 students per course.