The UK Association of Forensic Nurses and Paramedics (UKAFN) are proud to announce our upcoming conference ‘One wet, one dry, but why?’. The conference theme will explore the forensic world and process before and after obtaining forensic samples in Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) and police custody. The will give delegates an understanding of the whole journey from police investigation through to the forensic laboratory and learning pertinent issues for healthcare professionals from a range of excellent speakers on the day.
Outline of the conference
- How do the police investigate rape?
- A case study of a police investigation into a rape using DNA techniques and targeted DNA testing.
- False allegations and how this impacts the suspect
- Understanding the impact of false allegations and support available from a charity and lives experience perspective.
- Updates on the latest guidance in forensic medicine
- Understanding the current guidance and future planned guidance in both SARCs and custody.
- What is the role of the forensic scientist?
How are our samples analysed, what happens to them when they arrive at the laboratory.
- Free parking
- Tea, coffee and refreshments
- Lunch buffet (please alert organisers of any specific dietary requirements when booking)
- Prize drawer
- Meet with forensic providers, suppliers and other interested groups and stakeholders
- Opportunity to network with like-minded clinicians