The ability to prepare a statement or report that complies with professional best practice legal principles and is fit for purpose is a required skill of all healthcare professionals. Report writing can be used both internally and externally and the poor preparation can seriously distort the true facts of an incident, leading to further complications especially in legal matters. This course is designed to ensure that this vital skill is delivered and performed to the highest quality.
Dr Anton van Dellen originally qualified as a Medical Doctor and worked as a Registrar in Neurosurgery, before retraining in law at Trinity College, Cambridge. He now works as a Barrister at Goldsmith Chambers in London, where he frequently appears before the High Court and Court of Appeal, and also represents registrants subject to GMC and NMC proceeding.
At the end of this meeting the participants will:
- Recognise points that need to be reported
- Comply with local guidelines
- Ensure areas for improvement are actioned effectively
- Present reports coherently
- Review patient record information
- Differentiate between fact and fiction