Working with survivors of torture | An introduction for healthcare professionals
June 3 - June 29FREE
Freedom from Torture are running a series of short free webinars looking at the problems experienced by survivors of torture and the challenges for the professionals who care for them. This is open to all healthcare professionals but will be particularly useful for doctors (GPs or secondary care) or other colleagues that regularly see patients who are asylum seekers or refugees.
- Thursday 3rd June: An Overview of the Asylum Process
- Tuesday 8th June: The Psychological Impact of Torture
- Monday 14th June: Health Needs and Barriers to Healthcare
- Thursday 24th June: Physical Effects of Torture
- Tuesday 29th June: Sexual Torture
- Autumn 2021, dates TBC
- Identifying Vulnerability
- Working across Languages & Cultures
- Documenting Torture
- Vicarious Trauma & Service User Experience
Participation is free, but we welcome donations to support our work. We will send the Zoom details one week before the webinar. Hosted by the Medico-legal Report Service. If you would like any further information or have any questions please contact email@example.com.
The link to register is here.
- Freedom from torture
- 020 7697 7777