- This event has passed.
FREE | Forensic Medical Exams and Preserving and Protecting Rape Complainant Memory
March 18, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pmFREE
Recent research on alcohol and rape victim memory is providing a new evidence base for taking statements from rape complainants during forensic medical exams. This FREE conference features lectures and interactive workshops, focus groups, and a networking lunch at the University of Birmingham. The conference is being organized for FMEs, FNEs and crisis workers who take statements from adults and children.
- acute alcohol intoxication and rape complainant memory
- the accuracy and reliability of children’s memory
- establishing national guidelines for interviewing rape complainants during exams
- communicating examination findings to juries
- section 28 and interviewing child witnesses
- Dr. Catherine White, OBE, Clinical Director of the St Mary’s SARC
- Lisa Thompson, Chief Executive of RSVP (Rape & Sexual Violence Project)
- Others to be confirmed
Where? Michael Tippet Room, Staff House, Third Floor, University of Birmingham
- Dr Anna Carline: https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/law/people/anna-carline
- Dr Melissa Colloff: https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/profiles/psychology/colloff-melissa.aspx @melissacolloff
- Dr Heather Flowe: www.heatherdflowe.co.uk @hflowe
- Dr Clare Gunby: https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/criminology/people/cg227
- Laura Stevens: Research Assistant in the Applied Memory lab https://www.appliedmemorylab.co.uk/
- Catrin Willams: Trainee Forensic Psychologist
There are ten travel awards, each for £80, to attend the conference. To apply for a travel award to attend the conference, please complete this brief form:
The deadline for applications for travel awards is 28th February at 5pm (UK time). Awards will be announced on the 4th March.
Travel awards will be reimbursed, so please keep all travel receipts in case you are successful in securing an award.
- March 18, 2019
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- criminal justice act, custody nurse, custody paramedic, evidence, FNE, forensic examination, Forensic healthcare, forensic integrity, forensic nurse, Forensic Nurse Examiner, forensic paramedic, forensic science, forensic stately, nurse, paramedic, Police custody, rape, samples, SANE, SARC, sexual assault, sexual assault examination, Sexual assault nurse examiner
- University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham, B15 2TT United Kingdom + Google Map