- This event has passed.
FFLM Webinars – The Institute for Addressing Strangulation
February 27 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
The Faculty of Forensic & Legal Medicine, in partnership with SafeLives and Bangor University, has received funding from the Home Office to establish a new Institute for Addressing Strangulation.
The Institute will be focused on addressing strangulation by:
- Reducing the incidence of strangulation and suffocation in the UK;
- Establishing best practices for the management of victims and their families and perpetrators;
- Raising awareness of the dangers, providing training and resources regarding management & prevention, and supporting associated research;
- Working with Policy makers and commissioners to maximise the capacity and expertise required to enhance victim safety.
Dr Cath White OBE will present a webinar on the establishment of the Institute on Monday, 27 February 2023, at 19:00. This webinar is free to attend.
Please click here to book your place. Please note that spaces are limited, so book early to secure your space.
For more information about the Institute for Addressing Strangulation, click here.
- February 27
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- FFLM, non-fatal strangulation, webinar
- Faculty of Forensic & Legal Medicine
- View Organizer Website