- This event has passed.
FFLM | Forensic Sampling – Innovations for the 21st Century
November 23, 2019£150 – £200
Is your knowledge up to date with the latest recommendations for the collection of forensic specimens from complainants and suspects? With the recent advances in forensic science, do the facilities used for the forensic clinical examination and the equipment provided (including forensic kits) fulfil the current requirements for reducing the potential for DNA contamination?
This course will be lecture based with presentations from forensic scientists, police, and the Forensic Science Regulator, Dr Gillian Tully. There will be time for discussion of illustrative case studies.
Objectives of course
- To describe the role of the Forensic Science Regulator
- To discuss the recent changes to the recommendations for the collection of forensic specimens from complainants and suspects and the evidence that underpins the recommendations
- To explain the advances in forensic science that support the current DNA anticontamination guidance
- November 23, 2019
- £150 – £200
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- crime, DNA, FNE, Forensic Evidence, forensic medicine, forensic midwife examiner, Forensic Nurse Examiner, forensic paramedic examiner, forensic science, nurse, paramedic, rape, SANE, serious offences, sexual assault, suspect, victim
- Faculty of Forensic & Legal Medicine