This year, the UK Association of Forensic Nurses and Paramedics conference titled ‘From party scene to crime scene’ will focus on;
- Chemsex – the use of drugs before or during sex
- Party drugs – commonly used party drugs, festival testing, harm reduction and legal and ethical aspects
- Club medicine – frontline experiences of dealing with clinical aspects of party drug use
- Pill farm/mill – an operation in which a doctor, clinic or pharmacy prescribes and/or dispenses narcotics without a legitimate medical purpose
- Chris Bryant – Member of Parliament
- Billy Clarke – Sexual health advisor/education specialist
- Eddie Scouller – The Loop
Who should attend?
- Forensic healthcare practitioners (custody or sexual offence examination settings)
- Forensic healthcare providers/contract managers (custody and sexual offences)
- Sexual health nurses
- Police custody services
- Police officers, Sergeants and Inspectors
- Sexual assault examination teams
- Liaison and diversion teams
- Appropriate adults
- Independent Custody Visitors
- Rape crisis workers
- Independent Sexual Violence Advisors
- Club nurses and paramedics
- Festival nurses and paramedics
What is included in the conference fee?
- Refreshments during the day
- Hot meal (Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options available)
- Conference bag with goodies
NEW CONFERENCE VENU
- College Court Conference Centre and Hotel
- Central Leicester location, located 2 miles from Leicester Railway Station
- Their stylish rooms and suites are spotlessly clean and located across three easily accessible buildings.
- Rooms priced between £72-117 (Conference discount code: 5978)
- The UKAFN President invites all delegates to share a meal at 19:00 hours on the evening prior to the conference at the hotel. Present will be the UKAFN Steering group and some of the conference speakers. This is a great opportunity to network with other colleagues from different areas and settings. As well as meet the Steering Group, raise any questions, suggestions or concerns. As well as meet some of the conference speakers.